The Public Works Department is in charge of maintaining roadway signage, paving, and cleaning curbs and gutters. Our goal is to make this city a great place to live.
Location: 150 Station Street, Saraland, Alabama 36571
Hours of Operation
6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
If you have complaints or concerns contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Saraland New Residential Garbage & Recycling Collection Services
Street & Drainage Department
The goal of the Street and Drainage Department is to provide maintenance of the City streets and storm water drainage systems. We work daily to keep roadways and right-of-ways clean.
Working with the City engineers, we can address requests for drainage pipe, sidewalks and roadway maintenance. If you have a concern, we ask that you fill out the Request for Ditch Cleaning or the Request for Street Repair and submit it online. The nature of street and drainage repairs requires us to be out of the office and away from the phones. We understand that leaving a message may sometimes seem frustrating. Submitting the forms online will help to alert us to an issue and allow for quicker response.
Please note that retention ponds within subdivisions are the responsibilities of the developer or the homeowners association.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I start garbage and trash pickup at my home?
Citizens need to contact AmWaste directly at 251-227-8220.
2. I have extra trash, can I make arrangements to have it picked up?
For questions concerning extra trash contact AmWaste at 251-227-8220 not Advanced Disposal.
3. Why did the trash truck not pick up all my trash?
They are only required to pick up three cubic yards per week.
4. Yesterday was a holiday and my garbage was not picked up. When will they get it?
The next day.
5. A street light is out on my street, who is responsible for fixing it?
Report it to Alabama Power Company.
6. How do I get a driveway pipe installed?
City policy requires approval of the City Engineer.
7. What is the proper way to dispose of grease?
View our Grease Clean-up and Disposal Guide